Thursday, August 19, 2010

Classrooms and Hurt Feet

My foot hurts. That's what I get for going balls to the wall in a semi-competitive game of soccer or (futbal). I shouldn't ht ave tried to kick that ball. Man I suck at soccer. On another note my brain hurts too.
Feeble. That one word could explain me but I'm starting to think that I at least have balls. I was first to go for placement interviews today and I have to say that I killed it. Well I at least showed them that I have balls. They are probably reading this as they said they would so I'm going to be contrite in my recount. It wasn't really that big of a deal. I just told them to send my ass to the furthest, most remote area possible and that I want to build my own hut. Side note; met a current volunteer that actually built his own hut! And he is in the same program as me! Please god let me be able to make my own hut.

The guys in my cabina are pretty cool and we will be her til next Tuesday so that's a plus. Especially since homesickness could be running rampant at any time. The Jersey guy is hilarious and I keep asking him if he wants to do Jager-Bombs. I don't think he likes it too much. He's actually an alright guy and was born in Columbia so I'm asking all kinds of spanish questions and I'm finding out that my spanish sucks.

Classes are starting to get a little bit brutal. Its just a crap ton of information and I just don't have the patience. We leave for a field trip tomorrow so that should hold my attention a little. We have to wake up in 5 hours and I'm dead tired so that's why I'm being a little short. Hopefully I will be able to elaborate more in future posts.

We were handed large binders with tons of information. Everything we need to know about what the Peace Corps does and every other resource I would ever need is in those documents. Side note: Pandora doesn't work down here. Weird huh? We are all thinking because its of the licensing. Anyways. There is a ton of information flying our ways and the teachers seem to be great and organized so that helps. Only problem is that I have trouble with this style of learning. I need hands on. Spanish class was a little better because there is only like 5 people in my class and we just try to talk as much as possible. We are still at the army base right now though so I don't know how it is going to be when we move in with our host families next week. I do know that we need to learn everything there is to know about what and how to accomplish our goals once we are at our location. We also need to learn enough Spanish to be able to do it.

Some interesting notes:

There is a republican girl here from Georgia that voted for Mccain! WTF.

Went walking at night and a crazy large Rodent jumped out of the trashcan. Was seriously like 40 lbs.

Got a yellow fever shot today and so far I've been the first for everything because of my first and last name.

It is illegal to walk around in public with your shirt off in Panama.

There are only 5 DEA agents here and they capture more Cocaine than all of the DEA agents in the USA combined.

I'm tired and need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment