Saturday, August 21, 2010

Coffee

I had the best coffee of my life today and it was served out of a bucket with a ladle. This was the kind of coffee one imagines that the first settlers tried when coming to this region and fell in love with. Black as oil yet thin and consistent. The taste of the fire it was prepared over in every sip. The not so subtle, yet not over powering taste of roasted beans and FRESH Squeezed Beat Cane Juice. Heaven. There is no way in the modern world one could ever reproduce this. And believe me, I've been to my fare share of fair trade, sustainable, organic type coffee shops. Not even close.

Maybe it is the fact that I had Starbucks four days ago and almost anything is better than that mass produced high fructose corn syrup crap. Or maybe I just love coffee. And this was good coffee. But how could this coffee not be good. When sugar beat and coffee bean plants are growing all around you things become much more simpler. I'm sure I could find a way to screw it up so I leave it up to the people that have been doing it since before the white man could enjoy it. And for that I'm glad. Coffee will never be the same. Starbucks take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment